Demodecosis. Causes of occurrence. Treatment methods
Demodecosis is a disease accompanied by microscopic mite damage to the skin. This tick is called Demodex folliculorum. For most people, this mite is a normal inhabitant of the skin, which feeds on the desiccated cells. It is only necessary for the body to weaken its vigilance, as the tick penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin and causes inflammation.
In its manifestations, demodicosis is very similar to rosacea and acne.
It is not uncommon to combine these diseases, since both common and rosacea inhibit the natural defense of the skin.
Demodecosis can begin at any age, but the disease most often begins in youth, more often in adolescence, during pregnancy, after severe emotional stress. Usually, the appearance of acne-like elements on the skin is attributed to banal acne, which should, according to many advisers, pass on its own after puberty.
However, spontaneous recovery from demodicosis is not found. Usually, the disease gradually moves from one part of the skin to another, creating quite certain inconveniences for a woman or a man. Crushing the onset of acne in demodicosis leads only to an exacerbation of the infection, as during this process mites are pressed into the unaffected areas of the skin.
Also, when demodicosis is marked peeling of the skin and its redness. Skin lesions can be accompanied by itching, which can be either permanent or appear after applying tonics or washing with cold water.
Diagnosis of demodicosis is quite simple. To identify the subcutaneous mite, a scraping is performed from the affected skin area, after which a microscopic examination is performed. When numerous demodex mites are detected in the scraping, as well as in the presence of characteristic manifestations of infection, a diagnosis of demodicosis is made.
Treatment of demodicosis should be necessarily complex. On the one hand, it is necessary to restore the protective forces of the skin and the whole of Oranism, on the other hand, it is necessary to suppress the activity of the tick.
Folk remedies in the treatment of demodicosis:
1. 1 tablespoon of juniper berries crushed in a coffee grinder for 1 cup of boiling water, leave for 4-6 hours in a sealed container, drain. Use for lotions 1-2 times a day for 15-20 minutes. Pre-wipe the skin with an alcohol tincture of calendula or eucalyptus.
2. 1 tablespoon of chopped buckthorn bark into a glass of boiling water, boil under a lid for 2-3 minutes, insist 3-4 hours, drain. Apply to lotions 1-2 times a day for 15-20 minutes. Pre-wipe the skin with alcohol tincture of calendula, eucalyptus.
3. 2 tablespoons of chopped herb wormwood in a glass of boiled water, insist 4-6 hours in a sealed container, strain. Apply for lotions 1-2 times a day for 15-20 minutes. Pre-wipe the skin with an alcohol tincture of calendula or eucalyptus.
4. Make compresses with gruel of crushed cloves of garlic daily.
5. Pour 1 tablespoon of the roots of the elecampane with 1 cup of boiling water, boil under the lid for 5-7 minutes, insist for 4-6 hours, drain. Apply to lotions 1-2 times a day for 15-20 minutes. Pre-wipe the skin with an alcohol tincture of calendula or eucalyptus.
Internal funds are recommended to be combined with external.
1. plantain leaf 1 part, herb wormwood 1 part, mint leaf 1 part, yarrow herb 1 part, tansy flowers 1 part, succession grass 2 parts, nettle leaf 1 part. 2 tablespoons of the mixture pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist 30 minutes in a sealed container, strain, take 1/2 cup 3 times a day before meals 4-6 weeks.
2. tricolor violet grass, 2 parts, calendula flowers, 2 parts, St. John’s wort grass, 2 parts, mint leaf, 1 part, plantain leaf, 1 part, root root, 1 part. 2 tablespoons of the mixture pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist 30 minutes in a sealed container, strain, take 1/2 cup 3 times a day before meals 4-6 weeks.